I strongly believe that every woman should have a go to dessert recipe that is easy, and guaranteed to knock people’s socks off. The one I’m about to share may cause a cavity or two as well – but trust me, it is completely worth it. Two words: Apple. Dumplings.
I discovered this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, ThePioneerWoman.com. It requires seven simple ingredients (one of them being a can of Mountain Dew) and the prep work takes about 10 minutes, maximum. This recipe is so unbelievably easy, and even more unbelievably delicious – I’ve made it four separate times now, and every time I’ve been hounded for the recipe immediately after. Did I feel like a Food Network star? Yes. Did I love every second of it? Absolutely.
Take a look at the recipe below – it can also be found on ThePioneerWoman.com. Enjoy!
- 2 whole Granny Smith Apples
- 2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1-1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Cinnamon, To Taste
- 1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda
1. Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each.
2. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
3. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples.
4. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
6. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sauce from the pan over the top.
– Shalyn Tharayil