Now that Fall is here, why not start making delicious soups? Here is a simple and easy to make carrot soup!
One 5 pound bag carrots
Two stalks celery
¼ White onion
2 heaping tablespoons ginger
½ clove garlic, minced
Lemon Herb Seasoning (I use Williams-Sonoma, but Mrs. Dash and McCormick also make a good one)
1 tablespoon Margerine
1 tablespoon Olive oil
32oz of chicken stock (Use water if you would like this completely vegetarian)
- Chop carrots, celery and onion into uniform pieces. Mince Garlic. Set aside and heat a stockpot on medium to high heat.
- When pot is warm, add margarine and ginger. Stir ginger into melting margarine until you get a good strong aroma of ginger going. Add garlic, stir.
- Add carrots, celery and onion to your ginger and garlic mixture. Add olive oil and mix well over the medium high heat.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon herb seasoning. About ½ teaspoon salt/pepper and about a teaspoon of lemon-herb seasoning. You can add more seasoning after soup is cooked if you want to.
- Stir vegetables for a couple of minutes until the onions begin to go translucent. Pour in your chicken stock or water.
- Bring to rapid boil and then cook on medium-low heat for 25 minutes.
- After the carrots become tender, use an immersion blender and blend soup to desired consistency. Taste, add necessary seasonings to suit your palatte.
Serves about 6
***Note: If soup is too thick, simply thin with water. Taste again after thinning, you may need to add more seasoning.