This season’s two “eye-catching,” trends go hand in hand with how you elect to wear your lips. It sounds a bit strange I know, but allow me to explain. Fall 2011 Beauty is very lip-oriented, with bright red hues trending. To not look overdone, we are pairing that red lip with a more subtle eye look. Think layered shades of neutrals.
Try a red lip and one of these:
- Bobbi Brown ‘Tortoise Shell’ Bronze Eye Palette $60.00, Bobbi Brown counters or online
- Josie Maran Argan Beautiful Eyes Palette in Beautiful Nudes $36.00, josiemarancosmetics.com
- Stila In the Light Palette $39.00, Sephora Stores and Sephora.com
Eye trend number two is rich, metallic lids. Luminous shades give eyes a reflective pop and pair well with a soft, neutral lip. Cream shadows give eyes a great sheen, but you can also achieve a really deep metal hue by simply concentrating a metallic eye shadow. Just slightly wet your brush before applying the shade. The color changes drastically, as the moisture picks up more shadow and deposits more pigment on your eye, creating a more intense shade. One eye shadow can now become two! Try one of these metallic wonders:
- Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Alloy, Platinum or Gold $22.00 Bloomingdales Stores, bloomingdales.com
- Dior 5-Colour Designer All-In-One Artistry Palette – Smoky Design $59.00, Neiman Marcus Stores and neimanmarcus.com (This Shadow works well with the damp brush trick we talked about earlier!)
- Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour in Bit O’ Honey $19.50, Clinque counters nationwide or online
- Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow (Several Shades Available – looks great wet and dry!) $20.00, Sephora Stores and Sephora.com
You will finish off your eye with immaculately applied eyeliner to complete the look. Eyeliner for fall takes on new meaning, so look for our Fall 2011 Beauty Guide again (Part three) tomorrow!