Do you have lingering feelings of self-doubt, insecurity and incompetence, despite evidence that you are skilled and successful?
The American Psychological Association calls this “imposter syndrome.”
Here are the organization’s suggestions for beating imposter syndrome:
- If all fingers point to your doing a great job at work, ignore any self-doubt.
- Stop feeling guilty and celebrate your success.
- Understand that many people feel this way.
- Even if you don’t feel confident, pretend you do.
- Embrace your feelings, which should help you stay motivated. Keep learning and working hard.