Wet leaves, fog, sun glare, frost and wildlife are some of the driving hazards that motorists encounter each Autumn, says the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
To stay safe while driving at this time of year, PennDot encourages you to:
- Slow down and use caution, especially where there are deer crossing signs.
- Be most careful during morning and evening, when wildlife is most active.
- Increase your following distance in severe weather.
- Check that your headlights, taillights, treads and wiper systems are working properly.
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Never drive impaired.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.