Autumn is a particularly dangerous time to be out driving. The days are getting shorter, the weather can be unpredictable and wet leaves frequently cover the roads.
The American Association of Retired Persons suggests these Autumn driving tips:
- Watch for kids. They may line the streets waiting for buses, biking or walking.
- Drive earlier. The days are getting shorter, and as we age, our night vision weakens.
- Watch for deer and other wildlife, which may find the cooler days and nights more suitable for mating.
- Be careful of damp leaves and wet spots in the road.
- Check your vehicle’s tires for adequate tread and air pressure.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.