Cooking with your child will help build confidence in tasting the unfamiliar, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
By exposing your child to different types of food, you will boost the child’s willingness to try new dishes.
The academy mentions these additional potential benefits:
- You can help your child boost senses besides taste.
- Use cooking as a way to teach concepts such as counting, measurement and fractions.
- The family meal can celebrate your cultural heritage.
- Teach your child the importance of staying safe while cooking. Show the child how to use kitchen tools safely, how to use oven mitts to protect hands, andhow to turn appliances on and off safely.
- Ask the child for input in planning meals.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.