Getting enough daily exercise can help prevent obesity, which increases a person’s risk of developing cancer, the U.S. National Cancer Institute says.
The institute mentions how physical activity can lower your risk of developing cancer:
- Exercise contributes to lower levels of hormones, such as insulin and estrogen, which have been associated with cancer development and growth.
- Exercise helps prevent obesity and insulin resistance, a failure of the body’s cells to respond to insulin.
- Physical activity helps reduce inflammation.
- Exercise helps improve immune system function.
- Physical activity reduces the amount of time it takes for food to travel through the digestive system, which decreases gastrointestinal tract exposure to substances that could lead to cancer.
Copyright © 2024 HealthDay. All rights reserved.