Arguing with a partner or feeling anxious about meeting the in-laws can induce stress. When these strains are intense or prolonged, your heart can suffer, says Johns Hopkins Medicine.
The school mentions these healthier ways to deal with relationship stress:
- Discuss life stresses with your doctor.
- Check if your coping strategies are healthy.
- Find stress outlets that make you feel better quickly, and in the long term.
- Make taking care of yourself a top priority.
- Pay attention to newer symptoms, such as pain or nausea.