(HealthDay News) — More than 5,000 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in 2017 alone, says the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
To stay safer on the road, the agency encourages motorcyclists to:
- Practice operating your motorcycle before taking it into traffic.
- Check your motorcycle’s tire pressure, tread depth, breaks, lights and fluid levels before riding.
- Wear a helmet that meets federal safety standards and proper body protection.
- Obey traffic lights, signs, speed limits and lane markings.
- Stay alcohol- and drug -ree.