The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests performing endurance exercises as you age.
This type of exercise benefits your cardiovascular system, lungs and circulatory system. Examples include walking, jogging, swimming and biking.
The agency offers these suggestions before starting an endurance exercise regimen:
- Warm up and cool down before and after exercise.
- Drink plenty of fluids when doing any activity that makes you sweat.
- Dress in layers when exercising outdoors, so you can remove a layer if you get too hot.
- If exercise equipment is involved, make sure it’s safe and well maintained.
- Walk during the day or in well-lit areas at night, and be aware of your surroundings.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.