Sleepaway camp can be the experience of a lifetime for your child, says the YMCA. Whether the child is a youngster or a high schooler, he or she can come away with longtime memories and lifelong friends.
To prepare your child for the adventure, the YMCA suggests:
- Get the child excited by describing what the camp offers.
- Be positive about the experience.
- Ask what the child is excited about, and ease any worries.
- Remind your child to be proud of his or her character and strength.
- Become familiar with the camp in advance.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.