Athlete’s foot is a fungal infection that often occurs in people who wear damp socks or tight shoes, says Mayo Clinic. The infection is contagious and is spread by contact with an infected person or contaminated surfaces.
To help prevent athlete’s foot, the clinic suggests:
- Keep your feet dry, especially between your toes.
- Change socks regularly.
- Wear light, well-ventilated shoes.
- Alternate pairs of shoes.
- Protect your feet in public places.
- Treat your feet with antifungal powder.
- Don’t share shoes.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.