A newborn’s vision isn’t as developed as an older child’s, although significant progress is made during the initial months of life, the American Optometric Association says.
Although rare at this early age,
signs of vision problems among newborns and young infants include:
- Excessive tearing – this may indicate blocked tear ducts
- Red or encrusted eye lids – this could signal an eye infection
- Constant eye turning – this may signal a problem with eye muscle control.
- Extreme sensitivity to light – this may indicate elevated pressure in the eye.
- Appearance of a white pupil – this may indicate an eye tumor that could be cancerous.
Copyright © 2024 HealthDay. All rights reserved.