If you are a parent of a young adopted child, it may be time to talk about the child’s birth story.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Be honest, and make your explanation simple and direct.
- Tell the child that he or she was born to other parents who could not take care of the youngster.
- Explain to the child why you chose to adopt him or her.
- Talk about how much you and your spouse wanted the child.
- Briefly explain the adoption steps you went through.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.