Bursitis involves swelling of thebursa — a fluid-filled sac that cushions bone from muscles, tendons or skin.
Bursitis often is caused by repetitive motion, so the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases recommends cushioning your joints when appropriate, and taking frequent breaks from repetitive=motion tasks.
The agency suggests these treatment options:
- Resting and elevating the injured area.
- Limiting the activity that probably triggered the condition.
- Taking anti-inflammatory medication.
- Gentle stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Putting a brace, splint or band on the injured area.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.