You should think about your lifestyle and family’s needs before introducing a pet at home, the American Veterinary Medical Association says.
Pets require love and attention, and a pet isn’t right for every family, the group says.
It advises here’s what you should consider:
- Do you already have a pet? If so, will your current pet get along with another?
- What are you looking for in a pet?
- Do local laws or your housing situation limit your choice of pet?
- Are you capable of providing the amount of attention your pet will need for the animal’s entire life?
- Can you afford the cost of caring for your pet?
- How long will you be away from your pet during the day, or if you travel?
- Who will care for your pet in your absence?
- What changes might occur in your living situation that would affect your ability to keep your pet in years to come?
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.