The closeness of college dorms and cafeterias means students are prone to getting sick or acquiring infections.
Colleges typically have a medical facility on campus that students can go to if they feel sick, but a more serious illness may require a visit to the emergency room.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says college students shouldn’t ignore any of these symptoms that could mean a serious illness:
- A fever of 102 degrees F (39 degrees C) or higher.
- A headache and stiff neck.
- Pain with urination.
- An unusual discharge from the genitals.
- A change in a female’s menstrual cycle.
- Long-lasting pain in the abdomen.
- A persistent cough, chest pain or trouble breathing.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.