DIY fashion is a topic we love to explore on the daily. We can’t get enough of the creative ideas people are putting out there, and love all of the ways that they are saving money while creating one of a kind pieces for their closets.
Our love for edgy accessories with studs and spikes is a bit larger than our funds right now which means we have to think outside of the box in order to keep our wardrobe up to date.
This is where DIY inspiration and fashion blogs come in handy.
Since we live in Los Angeles, it is pretty easy to find fabric, buttons and everything else we need to create our DIY fashion, but if you live somewhere that these supplies aren’t as easily accessible, just head to the internet and buy online.
Here are 5 accessories you can make edgier by adding some studs.
1) Neon Clutch Purse – As always, we end up back at one of our favorites, Glitter N’ Glue. We LOVE this neon clutch purse, and even made one for ourself last year. We hit up our local Goodwill, found an ugly purse for $2 and added some studs. Check out the full tutorial here.
2) DIY Phone Case – This awesomely edgy phone case tutorial by I Spy DIY is so chic and incredible that we may have to take a break from writing and get our DIY on right now.
3) Studded Headband – If it’s good, it’s good, and I Spy DIY is just good. Here is her tutorial for a studded headband.
4) Studded Leather Sandals – We think these are too cute and are a must have for the summer.
5) Studded Sunglasses – These are very LMFAO “Party Rock Anthem” inspired, and we aren’t offended at all. Slap these on with a pair of cut off shorts, a black tank, and some sandals and you are ready for to party on the beach. We love it.
Alright, we are off to buy ourselves some stud trimming and start DIYing ASAP.
– Sasha Huff