Chocolate Chip Cookies with a Twist
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ Teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 Naval Orange – you will need 1 tablespoon of zest and then keep the orange for juicing.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans/almonds – (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Use nonstick cookie sheets, if you aren’t, grease cookie sheets.
2. SIFT flour, baking powder and salt into and set aside. Grate 1 tablespoon of orange zest, set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugars, orange zest and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add juice from ½ of the orange into mixture.
4. Add eggs one at a time beating well after adding each one. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts and mix until well blended.
5. Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden. Cool on the cookie sheets.