Travel is a big priority in our life. Whether it’s taking a weekend road trip up the coast of California, or going on safari in Africa, we love it all, and try to go into explorer mode as often as possible.
While traveling can be a bit of a pain at times, there are ways to keep things comfortable, and items that we always keep on hand when we pack our bags for a trip.
Since we are experiencing a touch of wanderlust right now, and are daydreaming of our next big getaway, we thought we’d share some of the things we always take with us when we travel out of town.
1) The Travel Kit – Let’s consider these all of the small things we like to have, especially if we plan to be on a long flight somewhere. These are items that help keep us feeling fresh while we are stuck in the sky.
- Baby wipes
- Travel tooth brush and tooth paste
- Cough drops
- Travel brush and hair ties
- Eye drops
- Dry shampoo
- Travel-sized hand and face lotion
- Reusable water bottle (sure, they give you bottles of water on international flights, but asking for them all the time can get annoying. Grab a few, fill up your water bottle, and limit the times you have to wait for the attendant to come by)
2) The Sleep Aids – These are things that we need with us to help catch some zzzzz’s while in flight.
- Eye mask (we love any that have delicious-smelling oil in them, but a regular one will do the trick!)
- Comfy socks (seriously, it gets cold)
- Relaxing music playlist
- Comfy sweater and pants
3) Products We Love – Here you will find some products that we think are awesome!
- Whats App – If you don’t know about this, download it now. It’s free text messaging and real-time messaging which is great to use when you are out of the country.
- Rise & Hang Travel Gear – A great product to keep your duffle bag organized.
- Travel Backpack – We used one similar to this when backpacking through Thailand. We loved the compartments, and that it had a daypack that could easily snap on and off when we needed it. Admittedly, ours was on sale many years ago, so you may find something similar but a bit cheaper.
We hope our list helped you with some of the essentials.
What things do you keep with you when you travel?