If you choose the right ingredients, pizza can be a great addition to a healthy lifestyle! Here is one of my favorite diet-friendly pizza recipes. Enjoy the gooey-goodness of melted mozzarella, crunchy crust, and rich marinara sauce without the bloat! Each pizza has 160 calories and 13.5g of protein!
English Muffin Veggie Pizzas
- 2 whole wheat English muffins sliced in half (better yet, scoop out some of the dough as well for a crunchier and lower-calorie crust)
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Garlic powder
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375F. Place English muffins on a baking sheet lines with aluminum foil. Top with marinara sauce, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, olives and basil. Sprinkle with cheese, top with garlic powder, and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted.