While we’ve been trying very hard to not indulge every day in something sweet, we couldn’t help but freak out the moment we saw Carl’s Junior is now selling a Pop Tart ice cream sandwich. We’ve seen their Oreo cookie ice cream sandwich in the past, but a Pop Tart!? Um, yes please.
We’ve been a fan of these sugar filled treats since we were a kid, loving everything from the cinnamon flavor, to s’mores of course, and the classic strawberry as well. The idea that someone thought to put two of them together with a scoop of ice cream in between makes us beyond happy, and has inspired us to create a list of other ice cream sandwiches we’d love to see produced in real life.
Here are some crazy ideas we think would taste great!
1) Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich – Why not take some raw cookie dough, smash it into a cookie shape, and throw some ice cream in the middle.
2) Fried Chicken Ice Cream Sandwich – Two piece of fried chicken with a maple ice cream in the middle. Add some waffles too if you need some extra dough on the outside.
3) Pancake Ice Cream Sandwich – That’s right! We’re saying it right here, right now. Put some ice cream in between some pancakes and eat it until your heart is filled with joy!
4) Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream Sandwich – Ok this one is genius. If it already exists, show us where we can get it. If it doesn’t, well get to the oven and start baking!
5) French Toast Ice Cream Sandwich – This would be delicious, especially with those corn flake crusted french toast recipes out there. Put some orange maple syrup on top and thank me when your taste buds are beaming.
We may have gone a bit overboard with this one, but a girl can dream, right?
What are the craziest dessert concoctions you’ve seen lately?