You can enjoy the holidays without skipping exercise, overdoing it at the buffet and gaining weight.
The American Council on Exercise suggests:
- Say “no” to the small temptations you face throughout the holiday season.
- Decide which two holiday treats are your favorites, and only indulge in those.
- Don’t stress if you miss a workout. Do your best.
- Decide which holiday obligations, whether it’s cards or a party, you can do without.
- Make a family tradition of fun ways to be active, whether it’s ice skating or going for a walk.
- Plan for each of the holidays so your busy schedule doesn’t catch you off guard.