Vaccinations are a necessary part of keeping your child healthy, but the pain and fear may be difficult to endure.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Talk to the pediatrician about ways to manage your child’s pain.
- Distract a young child during the shot by singing a song, blowing bubbles or playing a game.
- Act the doctor about using a numbing spray or cream.
- Breast-feed or offer a pacifier to babies during vaccination.
- Stay calm and reassure your child that everything is OK.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.