From texting to cooking, we use our hands often. There are many exercises that can strengthen your hands and fingers, increase your range of motion and provide relief, says Keck Medicine.
It mentions five exercises to improve flexibility, dexterity and strength:
- Squeeze a soft ball in your palm as hard as you can for a few seconds. Repeat ten times.
- Make a gentle fist and wrap your thumb across your fingers. Hold for one minute, release and repeat.
- Warm up before exercise. Use a heating pad or soak hands in warm water for five-to-10 minutes.
- Place your hand flat on a table. Gently lift each finger at a time off the table. Hold for a few seconds and lower the finger.
- Stretch your wrists for 15-to-30 seconds. Repeat two-to-four times.