Anxiety can cause or worsen sleeping problems, says the National Sleep Foundation.
If disrupted sleep due to anxiety happens, the foundation says you may want to try a few simple strategies:
- Practice meditation. Focus on your breathing.
- Add exercise to your day. Regular exercisers tend to have better sleep.
- Practice a healthy bedtime routine.
- Write to-dos down so your brain can relax.
- Steer clear of stressful activities before bed.
- If you can’t fall asleep for more than 20 minutes, get out of bed and do something relaxing.