If pets make you sniffle, sneeze, itch and cough, there are things you can do that don’t include getting rid of Fido or Fluffy.
The American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology recommends:
- Limiting how much time you spend around your pet.
- Taking nasal spray, an antihistamine or bronchodilator, as directed by your allergist.
- Talking to your doctor about allergy shots.
- Don’t let the pet into your bedroom.
- Always wash your hands immediately after touching your pet. Give the pet a bath once weekly.
- Use a high-efficiency vacuum or HEPA air filter at home.