Tiny button batteries can be found in watches, kids’ toys and other household items, but they pose big dangers for small children.
Follow this advice from the National Safety Council:
- Go through items in your home to find any items that contain button batteries.
- Purchase only batteries that come in child-safe packaging.
- Store any extra batteries out of a child’s reach.
- Keep devices that contain button batteries out of a child’s reach. Take precautions with toys that belong to older children to make sure the younger ones can’t reach those.
- Tell friends, family, sitters and others about the dangers of button batteries.