Want kids to eat a healthy breakfast? Let them make their own, experts say.
Here are first-meal suggestions from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Whole wheat toast with a melted cheese slice and 100 percent fruit juice.
- A bowl of iron-fortified cereal, served with milk and sliced bananas. Top cereal with a spoonful of frozen yogurt and fresh fruit.
- A waffle, wheat tortilla or whole-grain bread spread with peanut butter and served with a tangerine.
- A bowl of instant oatmeal served with milk and fresh fruit.
- A slice of cold pizza or leftover pasta and a banana.
- Graham or whole-wheat crackers served with slices of apple and cheese.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.