While blisters can occur most anywhere there’s friction against the skin, they are commonly associated with the feet.
To help prevent foot blisters, the American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Wear socks that absorb moisture.
- Make sure your shoes fit properly.
- Wear moisture-absorbing, loose- fitting clothing. Avoid clothing made from cotton, which can lead to friction and chafing.
- Apply soft bandages, such as those made from moleskin, to protect problem areas on the feet.
- Apply powder or petroleum jelly to reduce friction.
- Stop the current activity right away if you have foot pain or discomfort.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.