Hot weather, swimming and more time spent outside can lead to dry skin.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests how to combat the problem:
- Take a shower and shampoo your hair as soon as you get out of the pool.
- Use sunscreen before heading outdoors. Choose one that’s water-resistant, broad spectrum and has an SPF of at least 30.
- Avoid body washes that are deodorant or antibacterial. Keep your bath or shower water warm, not hot.
- Use a fragrance-free moisturizer all over as soon as you get out of the shower or bath.
- Crank up your thermostat a few degrees if your home feels too dry.