Rewarding kids for good behavior or a job well done doesn’t have to involve food.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests these alternatives:
- Offering stickers or temporary tattoos.
- Enjoying a special sleepover, a play date with friends or one-on-one time with a parent or grandparent.
- Getting a special seat at the dinner table, or skipping household chores.
- Taking a special visit to a local zoo, park, skating rink, pool or bowling alley.
- Allowing for older kids a few extra minutes of screen time, phone time or car privileges.
Copyright © 2024 HealthDay. All rights reserved.