More than 400 people will die and another 48,400 will be injured seriously enough to require medicalattentionin car crashes duringany holiday weekend, the U.S. National Safety Council estimates.
Here’s what the council suggests you can do to minimize your chances of risk:
- Always wear your seatbelt.
- Use proper car seats for children that are appropriate for their height, weight and age.
- Don’t drink alcohol and drive.
- Get enough sleep and take periodic breaks to avoid fatigue.
- Don’t use a cell phone while driving, either to text or make a call.