You’ve resolved to take better care of yourself during the coming year. Don’t forget your teeth.
The American Dental Association offers this advice:
- Replace your toothbrush at least every four months, or whenever the bristles start to fray. Store your toothbrush in open air, standing up.
- Don’t shortchange brushing time! Brush at least twice a day for two minutes each time. Brush gently, as vigorous brushing may damage teeth and gums.
- Wait at least 30 minutes after eating to brush your teeth, especially if you eat something highly acidic.
- Use a soft-bristled brush that’s gentler on your teeth and gums.
- Use the right technique! Brush at a 45-degree angle to the gums, moving back and forth in gentle, short strokes.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.