Regular family meals offer a chance to eat healthy foods and practice good table manners.
When should your child learn table etiquette? Here are suggestions from the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- At age 4, teach your child to hold utensils properly, including supervised use of a table knife.
- Teach your child not to talk with a mouth full of food.
- Have your child use a napkin.
- Don’t allow your child to reach across someone else’s plate.
- Set a good example by modeling good table manners.