Caring for pierced ears can help keep the piercings clean and prevent infection.
Here is advice from the American Academy of Dermatologists:
- Never touch newly pierced ears without first washing your hands.
- Don’t remove your first pair of earrings for at least six weeks. This helps the holes stay open. A few times each day, gently twist earrings around in your ears.
- At least once per day, wash ears carefully with water and soap.
- Clean piercings twice daily with rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab. Apply a bit of petroleum jelly afterward.
- See a dermatologist if your ears become swollen, red or puffy.
Copyright © 2024 HealthDay. All rights reserved.