The holidays are a prime time for home fires spurred by lit candles or fireplaces.
To help prevent such fires, the U.S. National Safety Council suggests:
- Don’t leave a candle burning in any room unsupervised.
- Make sure lit candles are out of a child’s reach.
- Use lit candles only on surfaces that are sturdy and stable.
- Keep lit candles away from holiday trees, curtains and flammable objects.
- Don’t put wrapping paper, tree limbs or wreaths in your fireplace to burn.
- Thoroughly clean and inspect all fireplaces and chimneys annually.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.