Finding that your skin is itchy, flaky and just plain dry?
The American Academy of Dermatology explains the phenomenon:
- If you’re over 40. Skin typically thins and gets dryer as you age.
- If you live in the desert or a similarly dry climate.
- If you have a skin condition, such as eczema or psoriasis.
- If you have a job that frequently exposes your hands to water, such as a hair stylist or nurse.
- If you spend lots of time swimming in a pool, which typically has high amounts of drying chlorine.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.