It happens to the best of us. We didn’t leave enough time to wash and dry our hair before work, our morning exercise class went overtime, or we just decided to be lazy about our hair hygiene. Whatever the excuse, Oprah gives us plenty of cute, chic ways to hide greasy roots, frizzy ends, or creased unwashed hair!
For Long Layers: Polished Ponytail
- For dry hair, run in a pea-sized amount of styling cream.
- Make a center part, leaving two-inch front sections out on either side of your face.
- Gather the rest of your hair back into a low ponytail. Then, smooth each front section around each side of your head and join them at your pony. Use another elastic to anchor these pieces.
- Polish the look by using a one-inch section from the pony and wrap it around the elastics. Secure with a bobby pin under the pony.
For Curly Hair: Beachy Waves
- Skipping a shampoo can actually reduce frizz in naturally dry, curly hair.
- Before bed, dampen hair with a spray bottle and work a curl-enhancing moose into hair.
- Divide hair into three sections. Braid each section and secure with an elastic band about an inch from the ends.
- When you wake up, simply take out braids and finger comb. Use a smoothing cream to reduce fly-aways.
For Fine Hair: Braid
- Create thick-looking hair with a side braid.
- Spray roots of hair with a dry texturizing spray. Let it sit on scalp for a couple minutes to reduce oiliness.
- Then, work your hands from roots to ends to add body.
- Pull all of your hair to one shoulder. Loosely braid and secure with a clear elastic. The messier the better!