Dark Greens are full of antioxidants and vitamins that provide a myriad of benefits. While kale, mustard greens, and swiss chard aren’t greens you typically see together, they make a brilliant, rich and nutritional powerhouse of a salad.
Though kale and swiss chard can be a bit tougher than butter lettuces and the like, as long as you “massage” your greens (sounds way more exciting than it actually is), your palate and your insides will thank you.
- ½ cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Mustard (you can swap this for Dijon, but the tang of standard yellow mustard sits lovely with the below blend of greens)
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- ¼ tablespoon finely chopped fresh Dill
- 1 clove chopped Garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Celery Salt
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- European Blend of Lettuces (swiss chard, mustard greens, turnip leaves, kale, proportions are up to you!)
- 1/2 Cup chopped celery
- 1/2 chopped green apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Chop garlic and dill finely for dressing. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil, apple cider vinegar, whisk quickly and add the mustard as your emulsifier (stabilizes the liquid from separating) in a small bowl. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Wash and dry your greens.
- Massage harder greens—chard and kale—for about 2 minutes.
- Chop apple and cut grapes in half.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Dress your salad with fresh dressing and serve!