If you’re heading out to snag some fresh fish for dinner, make sure that you follow safety precautions on your fishing expedition.
The Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation suggests that:
- Every passenger in the boat should wear a life jacket. Remember to check your environment for safety and any changes in the area since you last fished there.
- Never fish in spots where signs note that it’s not allowed.
- Bring safety gear including a radio, cellphone, maps, water and flashlights. Make sure that you wear footwear that’s appropriate for your activity and conditions.
- Wear layers of clothing that protect against the wind, and don’t forget the waterproof sunscreen.
- Keep fishing knife blades covered unless they’re in use, and always use them carefully. Take care when baiting fishing hooks, removing them from the fish when handling the fish.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.