I am unwilling to accept that summer is winding to an end. So, until it truly cools down (which in California, usually doesn’t happen until late October), I will use my barbecue to its full advantage. After you read this recipe for Greek Shrimp Kebabs with Feta, you will be unwilling to put away your BBQ skewers too!
½ cup lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
½ cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger (from about a 2 peeled knob)
1½ tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground coriander
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
½ cup crumbled Feta cheese
1 Tbsp. chopped dill
1. In a large bowl, mix together lemon juice, oil, ginger, salt, coriander, pepper, and garlic.
2. Transfer about ⅓ of the mixture to a small bowl and reserve for serving. Add shrimp to remaining marinade and toss to coat.
3. Cover and chill 1 hour.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
5. Meanwhile, soak 8 (10- or 12-inch) wooden skewers in water 20 minutes. Drain shrimp (discarding marinade) and thread onto skewers.
6. Grill, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
7. Transfer to a platter, drizzle with reserved marinade, scatter Feta and dill over the top, and serve.