Ready for a change in your living space? Well the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming, so why not brighten up your living space to match the season? Here are five quick and easy ways to refresh your space without breaking the bank.
1) Paint a wall. That’s right, it doesn’t have to be the entire room. Select one accent wall, and paint it a bright, cheery unexpected color. Try yellow, or the color of the moment, mint.
2) Get some new accent pillows. Accent pillows on couches and chairs (and even beds) are a quick and easy way to breathe new life into any room. Go for pillows with fun patterns and graphics in bright contrasting colors to your furniture, or go the monochromatic route and choose several solid pillows all in the same color family in varying hues.
3) Get some plants. It’s Spring, after all. Create small bouquets with colorful fresh flowers and place them around the room, or for something that will last a little longer try some succulents as a centerpiece for your coffee or dining table. Were you thinking bigger? Get some potted house plants to place in the corners of the room.
4) Get new hardware. Think drawer pulls and door knobs. Replacing these things are easy and fun. Stores like Anthropologie sell adorable drawer pulls (like these fun ones), and any hardware store will have a multitude of options to refresh those tired cabinets and dressers.
5) Get (or make) some art. What a difference some wall art makes! Frame a favorite poster, create a gallery wall of favorite personal photos mixed with some prints, or make some art yourself. There are a million DIY art ideas on Pinterest, so get creative!
– Esther Carlstone