Everyone loves chicken and fruit combo, but throw in a few unexpected veggies and a surprise mango, and you’ve created a delicious flavor palate that will delight.
- 2 Medium Sized Summer Yellow Squash
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Mangos, ripe, but firm
- 2 pounds chicken breast (about 4-5)
Sauce (for marinating and dipping)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop chives and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients in medium sized bowl.
- Set aside.
- If using bamboo skewers soak in water for 30 minutes, this prevents them from going up in flames on the BBQ.
- Cut chicken into approximately 1inch squares. Place the cut meat and ½ cup of sauce in a medium bowl and let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add water (2 to 4 tbsp.) to the remaining dressing to thin. Set in fridge to chill.
- While your chicken is marinating, peel and cut mango, cut bell peppers and squash. Use your discretion on size. Depending on your level of OCD, place each item in a separate bowl. That way as your arrange your skewers you can shuffle the order easily of items as you please. When threading the squash, be gentle as to not split pieces down their centers.
- Prepare a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°)
- Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill kebabs, covered, until browned and chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with your sauce on the side. Couldn’t be easier!